Do the hospitals in your network accept insurance?
Yes – all insurance companies which are based in India and most of the international insurance recognize our hospitals
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. Insurance is accepted for all insurance companies based in India and most of the international insurance companies.
Who are the doctors in HLS network?
Doctors in our network have 15-20 years of experience. They are certified from international accreditation programs from India, USA and UK.
HLS has tied-up only with the most experienced and the best doctors in the country.
4 ) What is HLS? Is it a hospital?
HLS is a healthcare company which works for the multi specialty hospitals. We connect the patients to the hospitals for their healthcare needs. All assistance which the patient requires during his healthcare checkup is coordinated through the HLS representative.
5) Where will I stay till I'm admitted to the hospital or after I'm discharged?
We have a list of recommendations for several hotels and guest houses near the hospital. Depending on your budget, we can arrange accommodation for you and your attendant close to the hospital at nearby guest houses, service apartments or luxurious 5-star hotels. Facilities like hospital visits, on-call doctor, cab services and emergency ambulance can also be arranged upon request.
6) Will language be a barrier in communicating with doctors?
No. English is widely spoken among across India and all doctors and staff are fluent in English. We also have language interpreters for Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Dari and Russian. However, if need arises for translators for languages apart from what is mentioned here, we have them available in our network. All interpreters will be made available with the patient and the attendant throughout their stay at the hospital.
7) Modes of payment?
Payments can be made through any of the following modes:
- Wire Transfer – NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, USSD, BHIM, SWIFT
- Visa, Master Card, Cirrus and Amex International debit and credit cards
- Travelers Cheque
- Pay Zapp
- Payment Wallets – Paytm and Mobikwik
- Direct Cash Payment
8) How to fix doctor's appointment?
HLS will coordinate with the doctor on your behalf and take the appointment for you.
9 ) HLS is coordinating for all my healthcare needs. Do I need to pay them for this service?
No. Patients and their attendants need not pay anything to HLS. HLS services to the patients are free of cost.
10) Any special facility or service that you provide to International Patients ?
We have our services specially designed for the international patients. Click here to know more about the services that we offer to our international guests.
- Airport pickup and drop
- Dedicated HLS staff to be with the patient at all times
- A SIM card, provided to you upon your arrival with an internet connection
- VISA/FRRO assistance
- Language interpreters
- Foreign Exchange conversion at the hospital
- Fax, photocopy, and courier services
- Special arrangements to meet specific religious or dietary needs
- Daily updates for your referring doctors and family
- In-room color television and cable connection
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in most of our hospitals
- Complimentary stay in your room for one attendant
11) How to manage accommodation and transportation?
We have tie-up with hotels and guest houses near the hospital for our international patients. A list will be shared with the patients in advance. The patient’s family can do the booking directly or ask us to do it on their behalf.
12) I will be new in the country and I am not too confident to handle the situation on my own. Whom should I count on?
HLS will be with you for all your needs throughout your stay in India. Apart from a dedicated staff which will be assigned to you, a Manager’s number will also be shared in case you need any additional support. HLS will be at your service round the clock.
13) I want to come down for the medical checkup. How do I apply for the visa?
HLS will provide a visa assistance letter after receiving the passport details of the patient and attendant(s) to enable in obtaining the medical visa.
Once you confirm your visit to a facility for medical treatment, we will send a visa requisition letter to the Indian Embassy in your country.
A copy of the letter will be marked to you.
Please send us the following details via email if you want us to send a visa requisition letter to the Indian Embassy in your country:
- Patient’s name and passport number
- Medical escort’s name and passport number
- Country of origin
- Your tentative date of arrival at Hospital for treatment
- If you are traveling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. Our team will help you with all these formalities.
- Patients from Pakistan and Bangladesh are required to register with the nearest Police Station or Police Commissioner’s office within 24 hours of arrival. Refer to your Visa/ Transit document for instructions.
- Please bring 10 passport size photographs with you for the above formalities.
14) Why should I choose India over other countries for my medical treatment?
India is now a leader in healthcare and has world’s best healthcare facilities, highly experienced doctors with international accreditation. The other advantage is that the cost of treatment is substantially lesser than Europe, North America and other Asian countries, in some cases the difference can be as high as 50% or more, even after the cost of travel is added.
15) Which communication facilities are available?
Landline phone and free internet services are available in all patient rooms.
16) Is accommodation & meal to attendant while patient is admitted?
Yes, attendant is provided with a place to stay along at the hospital (except ICU stay) if they have opted for a double or single room. The hospital also provides complementary meals to attendant (thrice a day)
17) Does HLS assist with airport facilities international patients?
Yes, a complimentary pick up and drop to and from the airport is provided. The pickups are done once the flight details and date are provided to HLS.
18) Does HLS provide the visa invitation letter for my medical visa?
Yes. The patient and the attendant travelling to India need to send their passport details to enable us in obtaining the medical visa. Once this is done, we will send the invitation letter
19) How to get a medical opinion and cost of the treatment?
Patient’s case history and medical reports needs to be shared with us. HLS representative will consult the doctors and provide the doctor’s opinion and the cost involved to the patient.
20) What is the Kidney transplant's success rate?
Kidney transplants now have advanced manifolds and have a success rate of more than 95 percent.
21) Who can donate Kidney for transplant?
Kidneys for transplant may come from a deceased donor or from a healthy living donor.
22) Who Cannot get a kidney transplant?
There are some factors that prevent patients from getting a kidney transplant:
- Current life expectancy of less than 5 years
- Recent cancer (other than most skin cancers)
- Uncorrectable heart disease
- Untreatable psychiatric illness
- Missing dialysis appointments or signing off the machine early
- Active substance abuse (alcohol or drugs)
23) Where do I stay?
This is, again, where we come to your assistance. As an individual, not only finding the right medical center, but also the right accommodation that meets your & your companion’s comfort could be disquieting. Before you leave for your trip, we work with you to make sure you are booked in an accommodation of your choice & liking.
24) What should I tell my doctor?
When you first tell your doctor about planning a medical trip abroad, the initial reaction of your doctor may be immediate approval, but, in some cases, it may be skepticism. What you can do is, provide your doctor with more details on the credentials of the medical facility that you are considering, the physician’s background & other trip associated information (we can help you with this). This should address your doctors concern, if any.
In rare cases if your doctor is against medical tourism, encourage him to do a research on the medical care facility & physicians we deal with. He/She will be surprised to know that these are better equipped than many local facilities.
25) Do the doctors & medical staff speak English?
Yes, in most cases the doctors know English. If not, someone in their staff is competent in English and helps bridge any communication gap.
26) If I’m taking a companion, when can he or she travel?
The companion can travel with you. He/she would need a valid passport & may need a visa as well(this depends on destination country and country of origin/citizenship). We can, again, help in this regards.
27 ) Can I know the doctors’ credentials?
Yes, we provide you with the doctor’s professional credentials.
28) How much do I save?
Savings can be from 30-50%, depending upon the procedure and the destination.
29 ) What procedures are available?
Medical, cosmetic, dental, diagnostics, infertility and cancer treatment, and many other medically-related and surgical procedures.